Sunday, September 14, 2008

Come To Cheese Days!

Yes...it is now time for that little Swiss celebration that only happens in southern Wisconsin called Cheese Days. I am now giving you a short description from the Cheese Days website (http://www.cheesedays.com/). Check it out yourself if you don't believe me.

Back in 1914, the concept of Cheese Days originated from the notion that if
some little town in Illinois could have a festival commemorating sauerkraut,
then a celebration based on cheese would be an even better idea.
A group of local businessmen planned the festivities in just nine days, driving a
roadster through the city of Monroe to publicize the event. A hand-lettered sign
attached to the vehicle proclaimed “FIRST CHEESE DAY COMMITTEE 1914 – WE STARTED SOMETHING!”
And did they ever.
Today we invite you to take part in Cheese Days 2008– where Old World tradition has generated an out-of-this-world celebration.

And so if you come into the little town of Monroe make sure you come in and check out Turner Hall. The picture above is Turner hall. Just look for it...and check it out. If you look hard enough you might find the leprechaun. Don't worry...it's there. I didn't believe the staff at first, but you just need to look hard enough and you'll find it. You might find me and Arial working at the outdoor food stand or inside in the Grand Hall at the bakesale. Try asking for Falcon or Arial...I'll see if I can make cookies to hand out...won't promise anything. But mine and Arial's cookies are something to try. Well gtg, dad want's me to design the menu xp yeah well ttul
-Falcon

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thanks for stopping in on my blog. I havent refinished a wood stove before but did find some information online. I hope this helps you.
http://www.scollins.com/woodstove/index.htm
He has step by step pictures too.
Id love to see a picture of the stove.